Saturday 8 September 2012

Granny Square Blanket.

Yum!
Oh yummy yum!

Sprial baby!

Solid, 3 round granny squares
 

I'm giving granny squaring another chance! This is a stash-busting exercise that should leave me with a sweet little blanket.

The wool is from my favourite LYS in Hamburg, MYLYS (you also get a great hot chocolate there. Marmee and me spent a couple of hours knitting, chatting and eating cake there yesterday!). It was meant for other projects: grey for a waistcoat and purple for a baby blanket, but I had leftovers, 3 balls of each colour.

I've gone with a solid granny square pattern, just doing 3 rounds. When I get sick of granny squaring, I'll sew in the ends and do some blocking and then when I'm sick of that I'll go back to granny squaring. So far I've made about 30 squares.

The squares are dinky and I love them. My hubby suggested sewing them together in a spiral which I think goes quite nicely with their simple colours and pattern... Watch this space for blanket updates :)




PS. Are you into buying handmade? Yes? Then you should check out the amazing stuff in the Etsy Stock Take. If you sell your craft on Etsy, please come and join in :)


Follow Lifes Jewels on String

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...