Tuesday 3 July 2012

Silk Knitted Lace Fascinator Hat.



Finally I've got round to sorting out this post!  It's the tah dah for the silk lace fascinator hat I've been working on for ages... It's finished and has gone to live with its new owner.




I have noted the several stages of this rather long project. You can find out more about the lace stages, here I started the lace (first time I ever knit lace!) and there's also an update on knitting the lace where you can also see the hat base more clearly.




I used a hat base and elastic head band that I ordered from Squirlgirl on Etsy. After blocking the lace (worked a treat, the leaves settled beautifully clear) I assembled the little hat. It was finished off with a nice felt lining (embroidered with my initials!).



For more info check out the project on Ravelry.


Do you appreciate shopping handmade? Then come and have a look at the Etsy Stock Take and see what my blog readers have been up to!


Follow Lifes Jewels on String

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, it looks professionally made! it's probably a whole lot of work to make them, but i could imagine these would be a great addition to your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simona! Yea, it was a lot of work but I have an idea for a simplified version that would be more Etsy shop friendly :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...