Thursday 24 November 2011

New Vintage Cape


Are capes still in?

I hope so because I'm finally getting round to wearing mine!

This was my fist BIG knit (ie. not a scarf!).

I chose to knit a cape because there would be no sleeves to fight with. I love it particularly because I knit it from a vintage pattern - it's the one on the left below.


Even better, I was able to find the actual suggested bouclĂ© vintage yarn in a very nice lady's stash in Ravelry. How great is that?! So I'm snuggling a cape that was super trendy 50 years ago in wool produced 50 years ago. 

So is my cape new or vintage?





Oh, and for the pros and cons of cape wearing, this is a must read! 


 For more vintage stuff you might like:

0 things you've said:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...